The Mustard Seed and The Leaven
Scripture: Matthew 13:31–33
Jesus’ Central Message: “Repent, for the Kingdom of Heaven has come near” (Mt. 4.17)
An understandable response: Where?
Parable #1: The Mustard Seed (13.31-32)
- God’s Kingdom is present right now in the person and work of Jesus.
- When God is involved, things that seem small and insignificant may yield huge results.
Parable #2: The Leaven (Mt. 13.33)
- God’s Kingdom is present here and now and cannot be stopped.
- Right now the Kingdom may be hard to see, but one day it will be impossible to miss.
- Celebrate and bear witness to the presence of God’s Kingdom in our world.
- Pray hopefully for the flourishing of the Kingdom in the places where our world is in pain.