Minneapolis Parking Restrictions
Minneapolis officials have implemented Winter Parking Restrictions beginning January 26 at 9 p.m. to ensure city streets are passable for emergency vehicles, buses and other travelers in the face of heavy snow accumulation this winter.
Parking is banned on the EVEN numbered side of non-Snow-Emergency routes until April 1, unless conditions allow the City to lift the ban earlier. Parking is allowed on Chicago Avenue and other Snow Emergency routes, parkways, and the ODD numbered side of non-Snow Emergency routes, unless otherwise posted.
Proposed Bylaw Changes
These proposed changes were reviewed by the Council and were approved on October 16, 2022. They were introduced at the November 21, 2022 business meeting. Based on feedback, two minor revisions were made and approved by the Council on January 22, 2023. The changes will be voted on at the February 20, 2023 business meeting.
New Sunday Schedule
On January 8, we switched to a new Sunday morning schedule:
- Community hour from 9:00–10:00
- Fellowship half-hour from 10:00–10:30
- Worship hour from 10:30–11:30
All of our adult groups meet during the 9:00 Community hour, along with Creekside and Velocity. Children’s Church meets during the 10:30 Worship hour. This new schedule allows our whole congregation to worship together in the same service, and makes it easier for us to help people find and join a Community Group. This format provides our staff more opportunities to be involved in different ways on a given Sunday morning. We are excited for this new schedule and for the new options and opportunities it will provide.
New rooms for the adult community groups:
- Seniors (a group of older adults in their 80’s +): Room 103
- Agape (mostly Baby Boomers in their late 60’s & 70’s): Room 104
- Faith Builders (a group of adults in their 50’s & 60’s): Room 109
- Living Life (a group of adults in their 30’s & 40’s): Room 105-106
- Embark (a group of young adults in their 20’s and 30’s): Room 301
- Seekers (a multi-cultural group of adults): Room 203
To get information about upcoming events, be sure to check our Events page.