Current Job Openings
- Position Title: Business Administrator
- Job Status: Part Time Position – 10 to 15 hours per week
- Accountable To: Senior Pastor and Treasurer
CHURCH MISSION STATEMENT
First Evangelical Free Church’s mission is to help individuals become Christ-centered and Christ-sent together.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
To manage, direct and provide clear direction for the administrative function of the Church in a professional manner that support First Evangelical Free Church’s Mission, Vision and Values. These functions include, but are not limited to Finance, Office Administration, and Human Resources.
- Jesus Christ is their Lord and Savior
- Relevant work experience.
- Aptitude, knowledge and experience with computers and computer systems, along with other office equipment. Competency in the following software/online websites: QuickBooks Pro Plus (absolute necessity), Planning Center (contribution management, database core used by all ministries, ADP (payroll vendor)
- Must understand and agree with First Evangelical Free Church’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Understanding of generally accepted account practices and reporting procedures and required with a non-profit setting. Basic knowledge of accounting to oversee financial reporting of the Church.
- Understanding of payroll and benefits administration, current employment laws and environmental /OSHA regulations.
- Must be flexible, with the ability to communicate effectively and deal with a wide variety of people in a variety of settings.
- High degree of organizational skills, accuracy, ability to work independently and proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities. The ability to “think outside the box” to resolve issues as they arise and comfortable with decision-making.
- Appreciation of team and individual performance, with the ability to provide clear direction, to support and enhance all facets of the Church’s operational goals.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Monitor financial reports, budgets, payroll, membership contribution accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and stewardship functions.
- With the Senior Pastor, Council Chairman, Vice-Council Chairman and Treasurer, develop the annual budget for Council and congregational approval.
- Consult with and advise the Senior Pastor on business and administrative matters that affect the Church.
- Inform staff and ministry leaders of their expenditures on a month-to-month basis
- Assist the Treasurer and Council Chairman in financial, business and legal transactions.
- Oversee banking and investing activities, seeking the counsel of the Treasurer.
- Have checking signing privileges along with the Council Chairman and Treasurer.
- Annually review insurance policies to assure adequate Church coverage.
- Adhere to the standards of ECFA (Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability)
- Ensure state and local filings are completed on a timely basis.
- Liaison for property management, including rental property.
- Serve as a resource for personnel matters, including benefits, compensation, salary plans, wage and labor issues.
- Knowledge of safety and ergonomics issues, to reduce the Church’s liability issues and reduce Worker Compensation claims.
Submit resume via
Subject: Church Business Administrator
First Evangelical Free Church,
Attn: Jay Pound
5150 Chicago Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55417