Asking at Midnight
Scripture: Luke 11:5–13
Understanding the Parable: Friend at Midnight. Vv. 5-8
- The question: “Can you imagine?”
- The answer: “No, it is impossible!”
- Cultural Values: hospitality.
- “anaideian” = avoidance of shame.
- Subject of the story: the man inside.
- The parable is about the character of God.
- The Father will always honor his name.
Why Should I ask, seek and knock?
a. Because I will receive.
b. So I can receive more of God.
Take Home Idea We can pray with confidence that God will answer our prayers because His reputation is at stake.