Asking at Midnight
September 4, 2022 Speaker: Joel Sutton Series: Unexpected Twist
Scripture: Luke 11:5–13
Understanding the Parable: Friend at Midnight. Vv. 5-8
- The question: “Can you imagine?”
- The answer: “No, it is impossible!”
- Cultural Values: hospitality.
- “anaideian” = avoidance of shame.
- Subject of the story: the man inside.
- The parable is about the character of God.
- The Father will always honor his name.
Why Should I ask, seek and knock?
a. Because I will receive.
b. So I can receive more of God.
Take Home Idea We can pray with confidence that God will answer our prayers because His reputation is at stake.
More in Unexpected Twist
August 21, 2022A Farmer’s Treasure and a Merchant’s Pearl
August 14, 2022Who Went Home Justified?
August 7, 2022How to Be Shrewd