Scripture: Matthew 19:1–6, Romans 5:6–8, Philippians 3:4–10
Jesus our bridegroom: A claim about the reality and nature of the church’s union with Jesus
3 Points of Comparison:
- Intimacy with Jesus
- Jesus knows us completely and still loves us (Rm. 5.6-8)
- Our shared status with Jesus
- My debts became our debts; his righteousness became our righteousness (Pp. 3.4-10)
- The permanence of our union with Jesus (Mt. 19.1-6)
- Those who God has joined to Christ will not be separated
Conclusion: God’s “Yes” to Humanity
- Will you say Yes to Jesus?
- If so, then have you embraced your new status in him?