Being a Neighbor
Scripture: Luke 10:25–37
A Reasonable Question: Who is my neighbor?
- The key issue is the identity of the other person
- Translation: Whom can I lawfully refuse to love?
Turning the Question Around: Who was a neighbor?
- The key issue is our identity, not the identity of the other
- Translation: We love people because that is who we are, and who we are becoming in Christ.
- We are neighbors, and that is what good neighbors do!
Take Home Idea: If we embrace our identity in Christ, if we are neighbors, then we will earn an audience for the gospel wherever we go.