When are we (when we come to Acts chapter 2)?
- At the end of one chapter and the beginning of another (Luke 24 & Acts 1)
- When we get to Acts 2, Jesus is enthroned in Heaven, and the disciples have been commissioned to go and tell the world that he is risen and he is Lord.
- When are we? At the start of the chapter in which we live today
What can the start of “our chapter” teach us about how to live faithfully as God’s people today?
This is still God’s story (not ours) (1.6)
- But he has invited us to participate (1.8)
The church (always) grows through God’s power (2.14-36, 47)
- The same Holy Spirit empowers us to serve the Kingdom today!
Take Home Idea: The Holy Spirit is still at work in his people to build his church and accomplish his plan.