June 1, 2014 Speaker: Joel Sutton Series: Famous Friends
Scripture: Acts 15:36–15:41
Barnabas reaches out to Saul. Acts 9
Barnabas recruits Saul. Acts 11
They go on a mission together. Acts 13-14
1. Christian friends can expect disagreements.
2. Sometimes our disagreements will be very sharp.
3. Separation may ultimately be preferable.
1. God can still work, despite our disagreements.
2. We have to learn to disagree agreeably.
3. In Christ, our ultimate goal should be reconciliation and restoration of the friendship.
Take Home Idea: Christian friends can disagree honestly and graciously because we know Jesus Christ.
More in Famous Friends
May 25, 2014Drafting Friends
May 18, 2014Mentoring Friends
May 11, 2014Unlikely Friends