Grace: an act or attitude of favor; a gift
- Salvation through Jesus is God’s greatest gift
God’s saving grace is without any prior conditions (Rm. 3.23-24)
- God’s gift always comes first
- God’s gift is not based on any prior evaluation of our worth (Acts 10, Gal. 3.28)
God’s saving grace is superabundant (Rm. 5.20-21)
- No sin is so great that God’s grace is not greater still
God’s saving grace is effective (Rm. 6.23)
- For those who receive it, God’s grace turns death into new life (Eph. 2.5-6)
Take Home Idea: God’s greatest gift - salvation and eternal life - is offered freely to all people with no prior conditions.
*Thanks to John M.G. Barclay, Paul and the Power of God, Erdmans, 2020.