Status & Identity
Scripture: Genesis 1:26–28, 1 John 1:3, 1 Peter 2:9
Status: the way other people see you.
- Earned, acquired or conferred by others
- Ex: Pastor, teacher, doctor
Identity: The way you see yourself
- Defined by behavior, not external markers
Status: Who does God say that you are?
- Bearer of God’s image (Gen. 1.26-28)
- Child of God (1 Jn. 1.3)
- Holy (1 Peter 2.9)
(Re)building Your Identity: Will you choose to see yourself as God sees you?
- Choose to put God’s words at the center?
- Behave in a way that reinforces your identity.