Scripture: Luke 8:40–8:50
Chapter 8 Overview:
- Jesus’ dominion over nature (22-25)
- Jesus’ dominion over demons (26-39)
- Jesus’ dominion over illness and death (40-56)
2 Big Lessons:
- Believing faith is the necessary and appropriate response to Jesus and his ministry
- Many touched Jesus, but only the woman was healed (22-25)
- The object of our faith is more important than its size
- Jarius’ faith is not great, but it is in the right person (50)
Conclusion: Who is Jesus?
Jesus is the son of God, the Messiah and the only one who can save; he is therefore the only one worthy of our full faith and trust.