Stepping Out of the Debt Hole
Deuteronomy 28:12: “The Lord will open to you his good treasures, the heavens, to give the rain to your land in its season and to bless all the work of your hands. And you shall lend to many nations, but you shall not borrow.”
- When you have to borrow, then things are not going well with you.
Proverbs 22:7 “The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender.”
- When you borrow, you become a slave to the lender.
Romans 13:8: “Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.”
- Debt puts us in bondage and does not allow us to fully serve God.
Make A Plan:
- Admit changes need to be made.
- Determine where you currently are financially.
- Consider what steps you can take to keep from going into debt again.
- Develop a repayment plan.
- Reduce your living expenses.
Take Home Idea: Our broken-hearted Father invites us to come out of debt and into freedom.