February 2, 2020 Speaker: Jay Pound Series: God's Story
Scripture: Philemon 1
Living within the Roman Stories
- Onesimus: freedom from oppression
- Philemon: betrayed by one he trusted
How can Philemon & Onesimus choose to be shaped instead by God’s story?
- By embracing their new identities in Jesus
- No longer a slave, but a “dear brother” (16).
- By allowing what God has already done (and will do) to change how they live now (20-21).
- What Paul asks comes with costs and risks to them both
Take Home Idea: When we embrace our new identities in Jesus and live differently because of what he has done, we pull others into God’s story.
More in God's Story
January 26, 2020Restoration
January 19, 2020Redemption
January 12, 2020Fall