Scripture: Galatians 5:1–12
Wrapping Up: What is really at stake?
Answer: Any advantage that comes from Christ (2)
- You cannot refuse to trust Jesus but still receive the benefits of trusting Jesus
What advantages do we have in Christ?
#1: Freedom (1)
- Christ set us free so that we might be free (1)
- BUT - Circumcision obligates you to keep the whole law of Moses (3)
#2: The hope of righteousness (5)
- We have our hope because Jesus has already been vindicated and because we have the Holy Spirit right now (5)
- But - to choose circumcision is to insist on being judged apart from Christ (4)
Take Home Idea: We secure the many advantages we have in Christ when we continue to live by faith in Jesus that is worked out in love. (6)