May 12, 2019 Speaker: Jay Pound Series: Road Map For Relationships
Scripture: Matthew 7:1–5
What is grace?
- Favor before it is merited
- Favor beyond what is merited
If all enjoy receiving grace, why is it so hard to offer it to others?
- God-complex: We think we know what others deserve
- Sin problem: we like looking down on others
How to be more grace-full (Mt. 7.1-5):
- Recognize your limitations: lose the god-complex
- Look in you own eye first: we need grace at least as much as everyone else
Conclusion: Since we cannot know what people deserve, we all have to lean one way or the other
More in Road Map For Relationships
June 2, 2019Love Like Jesus
May 26, 2019Be Self-Giving
May 19, 2019Be Authentic and True