What is grace?
- Favor before it is merited
- Favor beyond what is merited
If all enjoy receiving grace, why is it so hard to offer it to others?
- God-complex: We think we know what others deserve
- Sin problem: we like looking down on others
How to be more grace-full (Mt. 7.1-5):
- Recognize your limitations: lose the god-complex
- Look in you own eye first: we need grace at least as much as everyone else
Conclusion: Since we cannot know what people deserve, we all have to lean one way or the other