Down the Ladder
Scripture: Philippians 2:5–2:11
Thesis: Following Jesus requires actually following Jesus (2.5)
- Jesus did not exploit his status (2.6)
- Will we leverage our status for ourselves, or for others?
- Jesus humbled himself, then humbled himself further (2.7-8)
- Wherever you go, Jesus has gone lower (2.8, Jn. 13)
Do we trust Jesus enough to follow where he led?
- (God’s “Hint”): Therefore, God exalted him to the highest place (2.9-11)
Take Home Idea: The Resurrection is the proof that the way to greatness and glory in God’s kingdom is through humility and service to others.