December 11, 2016 Speaker: Jay Pound Series: His Name Shall Be Called
Scripture: Luke 1:31, Exodus 3:7–8
His Name Shall Be Called: Jesus
Who is Yeshua/Joshua?
The Exodus (Ex. 3.7-8)
- God’s people are enslaved to Pharaoh
- God hears their cries, and rescues them
- Hoshea becomes Yeshua (Num. 13.8)
A Greater Exodus
- A deeper slavery: all people are enslaved to sin
- A greater rescue: God comes in Jesus to break the power of sin and death
Take Home Idea: He is called Jesus, because God has again heard the cries of his people and come down to save them.