Prayer of a Pastor: Praying with Paul
A Puzzle: Why is Paul praying that these Christians get what they already have?
Answer: One thing to possess something, another thing to use it.
1) Typical for most Christians.
2) This is our big need.
1) Strengthened inwardly by the Spirit. v. 16
2) To grasp and know Christ’s love. vv. 18-19
3) Be filled with God’s fullness. v. 19
How do we receive it?
– Prayerfully seek it.
– Aggressively wrestle for it.
– Get into community.
Prayer Point: Your big need is to experientially know the love of Christ. So beg God for it!