Should I Get a Divorce?
1 Corinthians 7:10-16
Situation #1: Believer married to another believer. vv. 10-11
- Overriding Command: If married, stay married.
- Jesus’ exception: Sexual immorality (Matt. 19:9)
- “But if” at an impasse, then remain single or reconcile.
Situation #2: Believer married to an unbeliever. vv. 12-16
- Overriding Command: If married to an unbeliever, stay married.
o For the sake of your spouse and children.
o For the sanctity of marriage.
Situations Paul doesn’t address:
- Divorced before believing.
Take Home Idea: If married, live in the transforming power of Christ and don’t quit.