Our History

First Evangelical Free Church: Established in 1884

In 1884, a group of 88 Swedish believers, 70 men and 18 women, many quite young in the faith, organized themselves as "The Scandinavian Church of Christ" and began meeting in Freja Hall on 5th and Washington.

A lot was purchased and a small church built on 7th Street and 12th Avenue in Minneapolis the next year. Many came for Swedish language fellowship, especially the 7:00 pm Sunday evangelistic service when the everyday workers finally had some free time. They might have come out of curiosity but many found the Lord.

...

To read more, go to the 125 year history document that was created in 2009 to help celebrate our 125th anniversary.  To see more photos from the past 125 years, view the 125 year history slideshow with many pictures taken from the church archives.

1885_church
First Church Building, 1885
1914_confirmation
Confirmation Class, 1914
1951_new_building
New Building on Chicago Ave, 1951
1956_fcyf
FCYF 1956
1983_salt_class
Salt Class, 1983
2007_multicultural_speakers
Multi-cultural Speakers, February 2007

Latest Sermon

Error of Sight

Oct 22

News & Announcements

Above All

Sep 25